Personal Injury Lawyers
Palmdale-Lancaster Personal Injury Attorneys
We Fight for the Rights and Interests of Injured Victims in Palmdale and Lancaster
At Oaks Law Firm, our Palmdale/Lancaster personal injury lawyers have a strong record of success representing victims and their families throughout Los Angeles County. We know how to hold big insurance companies accountable for paying claims.
If you or someone you care about was seriously injured in an accident, our law offices are ready to get started on your personal injury cases today. To set up a free consultation with a California personal injury lawyer, please contact our law office today.
Protect Your Health and Your Rights: What to Do After an Accident in Palmdale or Lancaster
Accidents can happen anytime, anywhere, and they can cause severe physical pain, emotional distress, and financial damage. Whether you have been in an auto accident, slip and fall incident, or any other type of accident in Palmdale or Lancaster, it is crucial to protect your health and your rights. The following are some of the most essential steps to take after an accident in Southern California:
- Seek Immediate Emergency Care for a Serious Injury: Your health and safety should be your number one priority after an accident. If you or someone else is seriously injured in any type of accident in Palmdale or Lancaster, seek immediate emergency care. A doctor should still evaluate a non-emergency injury. While your well-being comes first, it is also vital to understand that you need medical records to bring a successful personal injury claim in California.
- Document the Incident, Secure Evidence: As a general rule, personal injury liability in California is based on fault. What does this mean for your legal case? It means that you will need to show that a defendant bears responsibility for your accident to be able to recover financial compensation for the full extent of your damages. By documenting what happened and proactively securing relevant evidence, you will be in a better position to fight for justice and obtain a maximum settlement or verdict.
- Report the Accident and Notify Parties: An accident resulting in injuries should be reported to the proper authorities. With motor vehicle crashes, you should call the police. It could be Palmdale Sheriff’s Station, the L.A. County Sheriff’s Department, or another state or local agency. Other types of accidents should also be prepared for. As an example, imagine that you were hurt in a slip and fall at a store in Lancaster, California. Make sure that the business is notified that an accident resulting in injury occurred.
- Be Ready to Consult With a Palmdale and Lancaster Lawyer: Before you provide any official statement to a defendant or their insurance company, it is highly recommended that you speak to a reliable personal injury attorney. With extensive experience representing injured victims in Palmdale and Lancaster, the Oaks Law Firm has the skills, knowledge, and expertise that you can trust. Above all else, we will take action to protect your rights and help you maximize your financial recovery.
We Provide Comprehensive Personal Injury Representation in Palmdale & Lancaster
Our law firm handles the full spectrum of catastrophic injuries and accident claims in Palmdale, Lancaster, and throughout the surrounding area in North Los Angeles County. No matter the nature or severity of your injury, we are ready to help you find the best path forward. Cases we handle include:
Car accidents are among the top causes of severe injuries in Southern California. If you were hurt in a traffic collision, call our Palmdale/Lancaster car accident lawyers for a free consultation.
Unfortunately, commercial trucking companies do not always comply with federal and state safety regulations. If you were hurt in a crash, our Palmdale & Lancaster truck accident attorney is standing by, ready to help.
Motorcycle riders face some unique challenges in the personal injury claims process. Our Palmdale/Lancaster motorcycle accident lawyer has the skills and experience that you can trust.
Our Palmdale & Lancaster pedestrian accident attorneys help injured pedestrians get access to justice, accountability, and monetary compensation.
Buses are considered to be one of the safest forms of transportation. Still, you should not be fooled when accidents can and do happen. At Oaks Law Firm, we take on the full range of bus accident claims in Palmdale and Lancaster, including those involving both public and private buses.
You will see Uber and Lyft operating all across North Los Angeles County. Ridesharing is a popular and often timely way to get around Palmdale and Lancaster. Unfortunately, accidents happen. Uber and Lyft collision claims are deeply complex. Our California ridesharing accident lawyers know how to get results for injured victims.
Nationwide, approximately one million people seek emergency medical support for slip and fall accidents annually. Our Palmdale/Lancaster slip and fall accident lawyers can help you hold the responsible business or property owner liable.
Our Palmdale & Lancaster dog bite injury attorneys can help you and your family navigate California’s strict liability laws and dog bite negligence laws. You may have a claim against a dog owner and/or a negligent third party, such as an apartment complex or other property owner.
Beyond slip and fall accidents and dog bite injury claims, we also take on all other types of premises liability cases in Southern California. If you were hurt due to the negligence of a business or property owner in Palmdale/Lancaster, please contact us today for a free consultation.
Were you injured by a dangerous and defective product? The responsible corporation may be held strictly liable for injuries caused by a product defect under California law. Call our Palmdale & Lancaster product liability attorney today for a free review of your case.
If you or your family member was hurt on or around a construction site, our Palmdale/Lancaster construction accident lawyers will help you secure justice and compensation.
Workplace accident claims are complicated. Whether you are preparing to bring a workers’ compensation claim or a third-party liability claim, our Palmdale & Lancaster work injury attorneys are more than ready to protect your rights.
A concussion or TBI can cause serious, even catastrophic injuries. If you or your family member sustained a brain injury in any type of accident, you need strong legal representation. Contact our California personal injury attorney today.
Burns can be incredibly painful. The physical and mental recovery process can be long and daunting. Unfortunately, in some cases, a burn victim may be left with permanent scarring or disfiguring injuries. We help burn victims get justice and compensation in Palmdale and Lancaster.
Nothing is more emotionally difficult than dealing with the loss of a loved one. Our Palmdale/Lancaster wrongful death attorneys will take care of your entire legal case while you focus on doing what is best for your family.
What to Know About Personal Injury Liability and Personal Injury Claims in California
Whether you were hurt in an accident in Palmdale or hurt in an accident in Lancaster, it is crucial that you understand how liability works under California law. Personal injury cases are largely state-level legal claims. There is some variation in the laws across jurisdictions. A local personal injury lawyer serving Palmdale, Lancaster, and north Los Angeles County can protect your rights and interests. Below are some key points to know about the personal injury process in California:
- Liability is Based on Fault: In California, personal injury liability is based on fault. The party found to be responsible for causing the injury will be held accountable for damages. To recover damages in a personal injury claim, you must prove that the other party was negligent, which means they failed to act with reasonable care, causing you harm. Fault is determined on a case-by-case basis. Every serious accident should be investigated by a top Palmdale/Lancaster personal injury attorney.
- Comparative Negligence Could Play a Role: California uses a comparative negligence rule. Partial fault for your own accident is not a bar to recovery, but it could impact your claim. As an example, if you are determined to be at fault for 25 percent of your own slip and fall accident in Palmdale, you will be liable for 25 percent of your own damages. In other words, your compensation awarded will be reduced by one quarter.
- Statute of Limitations Sets the Deadline: You do not want to miss the deadline to take legal action. Our state has a strict statute of limitations. Under California Code of Civil Procedure § 335.1, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally two years from the date of the accident itself. Wait too long to bring a claim and you may lose your right to seek compensation for your injuries through the legal system. Personal injury cases are always time-sensitive. Consult with an attorney right away.
Understanding How Negligence is Defined in a California Personal Injury Claim
For the most part, personal injury liability in California is based on negligence. There are a few exceptions—such as product liability claims and certain types of dog bite injury claims—but victims will generally need to establish that the defendant was negligent to hold them liable for an accident. To understand negligence in a California personal injury claim, it is helpful to refer to the Judicial Council of California Civil Jury Instructions. A plaintiff must prove:
- The defendant was negligent.
- The victim was harmed by the negligence.
- The defendant’s negligence caused the harm.
Negligence is the failure to exercise reasonable care to protect another. To establish negligence, a victim must prove a deviation from the required standard of care. As stated in the Judicial Council of California Civil Jury Instructions, the basic standard of care is defined as “doing something that a reasonably careful person would not do in the same situation or failing to do something that a reasonably careful person would do in the same situation.”
You Deserve Full Financial Compensation for Your Injuries
Were you injured in an accident in North Los Angeles County?
If so, you need money to pay your bills and support the people you care about most. Unfortunately, even when liability is clear, getting a full and proper personal injury settlement can be challenging.
At Oaks Law Firm, we fight tirelessly to ensure that our clients are able to recover every dollar they deserve. Depending on the nature and severity of your accident, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Emergency medical care
- Medical bills and other costs
- Rehabilitative treatments and therapies
- Loss of current and future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
Insurance Companies are Not On Your Side in a Personal Injury Claim
When you are injured due to the negligence of someone else in Los Angeles, you rightfully expect to receive fair compensation for your damages. However, the unfortunate reality is that there can be a lot of hurdles and obstacles within the claims process. With limited exceptions, accident & injury claims arising out of Palmdale and Lancaster are handled by insurance companies. Simply stated, these are generally for-profit businesses that are driven to minimize their financial liability. They want to pay you less. Knowing how to deal with an insurer is key. Here are six tips for handling insurers during the personal injury claims process in Lancaster/Palmdale:
- Get the Medical Treatment You Need and Attend Follow-up Appointments: Seeking medical treatment after an accident is essential for your health and well-being. Medical records can serve as evidence to support your personal injury claim. By getting the right medical care, you will be in a far better position to navigate the insurance claims process.
- Document Everything: Keep a record of all medical bills, property damage, and other related expenses. Make sure you take pictures of the accident scene, injuries, and damages. Ultimately, you will need to be able to establish the defendant’s liability and the full extent of your damages to bring a successful personal injury claim in Southern California.
- Avoid Providing a Recorded Statement Without a Lawyer: The insurance company may ask you to provide a recorded statement about the accident. Indeed, this is quite common. You are allowed to decline and wait to hire a lawyer. It is the best path forward. Be careful about what you say. Insurance adjusters are trained to use your words to deny your claim.
- Be Cautious of Early Settlement Offers (Lowball): Insurance companies may offer you a settlement soon after the accident. Lowball settlement offers are relatively common. Do not accept a personal injury settlement that does not truly account for the full and proper extent of your damages.
- Do Not Sign Any Documents Without Fully Understanding Them: Before signing any document, ensure you understand the terms and conditions of the settlement. The insurance company may try to trick you into signing a release that will waive your right to future legal action. A lawyer can review these documents.
- Work Through a Palmdale & Lancaster Personal Injury Attorney: Ultimately, the best tip for dealing with an insurance company after a serious accident is the most simple one: Consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer. Your attorney can put your best interests first every step of the way. Insurers must be held accountable.
How the California Personal Injury Attorneys at Oaks Law Firm Can Help
Personal injury claims are complicated. At Oaks Law Firm. our entire legal practice is devoted to helping victims and their families secure the maximum compensation possible. We always take a proactive approach to legal representation. Among other things, our Palmdale/Lancaster personal injury lawyers will:
- Answer your questions during a free case evaluation.
- Explain the next steps in the personal injury claims process.
- Comprehensively investigate your accident—securing evidence.
- Handle all of the legal paperwork.
- Represent you in settlement negotiations.
- Take all necessary steps to get you and your family the best outcome.
With a proven record of case results across a wide range of legal claims, you can rely on our personal injury law firm for top-quality representation in Palmdale and Lancaster. We represent injured victims on contingency—meaning you pay nothing unless we win your case. There are no out-of-pocket costs.
Personal Injury Claims in Palmdale & Lancaster: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Evidence Do I Need to Prove Fault in a Personal Injury Case?
In order to prove personal injury liability in California, the claimant will be required to present evidence demonstrating that the other party (defendant) was negligent and that that negligence was the cause of the accident. Evidence can come in a wide array of different forms, including witness statements, photographs or videos of the accident scene, police reports, and medical records.
How Do I Know the Value of My Personal Injury Claim?
It depends. The value of a personal injury claim in Palmdale/Lancaster will depend on several different factors, including liability and the extent of the victim’s damages. A top-rated personal injury lawyer can help you assess the value of your claim. Among other things, this includes analyzing liability, gathering evidence to establish your economic and non-economic damages, and negotiating with the insurance company to help you secure the maximum compensation.
What Happens If I Wait Too Long to File a Personal Injury Claim?
If you wait too long to file a personal injury claim in California, you may lose your right to compensation. Do not wait too long to take action: Consult with a top Palmdale/Lancaster personal injury right away. California has a statute of limitations that limits the time you have to file a claim. In most cases, you have two years from the date of the injury to file a claim in California.
Will I Be Required to Testify in Court in My Palmdale/Lancaster Personal Injury Case?
While certainly possible, it is fairly unlikely. The vast majority of personal injury claims in California never actually go to trial. Litigation is only required in a relatively small share of injury & accident claims. Still, you never know how your case will progress. It is imperative that you are fully prepared to present your case. Doing so will put you in the best position to maximize your financial recovery.
Call Our Palmdale & Lancaster Personal Injury Attorneys for a Free Consultation
At Oaks Law Firm, our Palmdale/Lancaster personal injury lawyers have the skills and legal knowledge that you can rely on. If you or your loved one was hurt in an accident, we are here to help. Call us now or get in touch with us online for a no-cost case evaluation. We handle brain injury claims in Lancaster, Palmdale, and throughout the surrounding communities in Los Angeles.
CALL TODAY! (877) 539-5366
Recovering the Damages You Deserve
If someone else is to blame for your injuries, you have the right to seek compensation for the full amount of damages you've suffered. These damages can include medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, as well as pain and suffering. You must bring forth your claim within one year of the accident date. Not filing your case within one year will bar you from recovery.