Construction is one of the most dangerous occupations in the United States. Construction workers are called upon to build homes, businesses, and public buildings, all of which serve important purposes in our society, but they do it at great risk to their safety.
If you or a loved one was injured in a construction accident, you need to consider filing a legal claim for personal injury compensation. Life may never be the same after a construction accident, and as committed California construction accident attorneys, we are skilled in handling cases where employees have been hurt on the job.
Oaks Law Firm is dedicated to helping you through your entire construction accident claim here in California.
Common Types of Construction Accidents in Los Angeles
There are many different hazards on a construction site. The men and women who work in this industry are exposed to the dangers on a daily basis. However, accidents can also occur to an innocent passerby who is not warned of the construction site danger.
Some of the common causes of injury on a construction site that can be cause for a construction accident claim to be put into action include:
- Fall Injuries: Falls from heights are the deadliest type of construction accident. These accidents can kill a victim immediately. Survivors of falls often suffer severe and permanent injuries, including internal organ damage, paralysis, broken bones, and head injuries.
- Electrocution: Electrocution risk is present at every turn in construction. Working with machinery, wires, and operating equipment and cranes in the vicinity of overhead wires can all create a risk of electrocution injury or death.
- Machinery Accidents: Tools, machines, and vehicles on construction sites all have a chance of malfunctioning, resulting in serious injury to the operator or to bystanders. These accidents can result in shrapnel wounds, crushed limbs, or death.
- Exposure to Toxic Substances: Asbestos, chemicals, smoke, and other natural or chemical agents can cause serious injury or illness when the worker is exposed to them.
- Vehicle Accidents: Construction vehicles can crash or malfunction, resulting in serious injuries to the operators or to pedestrians.
Injuries from these accidents can be catastrophic since most accidents are very severe. These accidents can lead to spinal cord injuries, crushed limbs, vision loss, burns, amputated limbs, paralysis, hearing damage, back injuries, and other kinds of permanent disability. Whether it’s through negotiations for settlement or a jury trial, we are committed to fighting for the compensation you deserve as an injured construction worker in Los Angeles.
Call Oaks Law Firm Today to Schedule a Consultation
Construction accident cases can be complex, which is why it is important to retain experienced and knowledgeable Los Angeles personal injury attorneys for your case. Many construction accident cases require an injured employee to bring claims against owners, developers, engineers, insurance companies, architects, subcontractors, contractors, and material suppliers.
Many of these parties will try to deny responsibility for the accident. It requires expert witnesses in the construction industry and medical arena to help demonstrate the true cause of the accident and the extent of the injuries sustained by the employee.
Construction contractors and companies must carry workers’ compensation insurance coverage, but these limited payments cannot assign fault for the accident, which is why Los Angeles construction accident attorneys may have to seek damages above workers’ compensation to ensure that a victim’s needs are met both in the present and in the future. Employers are obligated to maintain a safe work environment, but failure to do so can cause serious issues for construction employees.
Our Los Angeles Construction Accident Lawyers
At Oaks Law Firm, we understand how difficult it is to suffer a serious work injury. Pain, financial hardship, and the worry about whether you will ever be able to work again can consume you and leave no time and energy for considering a legal claim.
However, it is extremely important to consider filing a claim for compensation. A personal injury lawsuit can help compensate you for your medical care, lost wages, and a future reduction in your earning capacity.
If you have any questions about California construction accident law and would like to speak to an attorney about your situation, call Oaks Law Firm today to schedule a free consultation.