Personal Injury Attorney
Hurt in an Accident in Sherman Oaks? Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation
At Oaks Law Firm, our Sherman Oaks personal injury lawyers have the passion, skills, expertise, and proven experience that victims and families can rely on. It is our mission to hold negligent defendants and large insurance companies accountable so that you get the maximum compensation. If you or your loved one was seriously hurt in an accident, we are here to help. Contact us today for your no-cost, no-obligation consultation with a top-tier Sherman Oaks personal injury attorney.
We Take On All Types of Personal Injury Claims in Sherman Oaks, California
Founded by Matthew Nezhad, a California personal injury lawyer with a proven record of successful results, Oaks Law Firm is committed to providing the absolute highest level of guidance and support to victims and families. We are proud to work with people who need help the most. Our firm takes on the full spectrum of personal injury cases in Sherman Oaks, including:
- Car Accidents: Car accidents can happen suddenly and they have devastating consequences. We understand the complexities of these cases—from dealing with insurance companies to proving fault. Hurt in a crash? Contact our Sherman Oaks auto accident lawyer today for a free consultation.
- Truck Accidents: A fully loaded tractor-trailer can weigh as many as 80,000 pounds. Given their weight and size, large commercial trucks are disproportionately likely to be involved in catastrophic accidents. Our Sherman Oaks truck accident lawyers fight aggressively to help injured victims recover the maximum compensation.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable. When an accident happens, it can lead to serious injuries. We are committed to fighting for the rights of motorcyclists. Were you or your loved one hurt in a motorcycle crash in Sherman Oaks? Contact us today for a no-cost, no-obligation case evaluation.
- Pedestrian Collisions: Our roads are not nearly as safe as they should be for pedestrians. We are dedicated to helping pedestrians obtain justice and the full and fair financial support that they need to cover medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. Contact our Sherman Oaks, CA pedestrian accident lawyer today for immediate help.
- Bus Accidents: Bus accidents—whether involving public transit in Los Angeles or a private carrier—can be especially complex. There are often a number of parties involved in these crashes. Our expertise in handling bus accident claims helps to ensure that injured victims in Sherman Oaks recover the maximum financial compensation.
- Uber & Lyft Accidents: Ridesharing accident claims are notoriously complex. With the rise of rideshare services like Uber and Lyft, accidents involving these vehicles have also become more common. If you or your loved one was involved in an Uber accident or a Lyft accident, we can help. Contact us today for a free consultation.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slip and fall accidents can occur anywhere. A business or a property owner can be held accountable for the fall accident if it happened due to unsafe conditions. We help victims prove liability and recover full financial compensation for slip and fall accident injuries in Sherman Oaks.
- Premises Liability Claims: Property owners have a duty to ensure their premises are safe. When they fail to do so and someone is injured as a result, we hold them accountable. Contact our Sherman Oaks premises liability lawyer today for a free case review.
- Defective Product Claims: In California, defective product claims are subject to a strict liability standard. Consumers have the right to be safe from defective products. If you or your loved one was hurt by a dangerous and defective product, contact our Sherman Oaks, CA product liability lawyer today for a free case review.
- Construction Site Accidents: Construction sites are inherently dangerous. When accidents happen, there can be severe consequences. We take on all types of construction accident claims in Sherman Oaks—representing both workers and passersby.
- Work-Related Injuries: Injuries at work can happen in any job. Our Sherman Oaks, CA personal injury lawyers have the skills and experience to take on both workers’ compensation claims and third-party liability cases.
- Wrongful Death: Losing a loved one due to someone else’s negligence is a tragic, overwhelming, and heartbreaking experience to endure. We provide compassionate legal representation to families in wrongful death cases. Contact our Sherman Oaks wrongful death attorney today for a free, confidential consultation.
How to Prove Liability for an Accident (Proactive Investigation is a Must)
To prove liability in an accident, it is essential that you are able to establish who was at fault. In most cases—with narrow exceptions for certain strict liability cases, such as defective product claims—this requires showing that the other party was responsible for their negligence. IN California, negligence is defined as the failure to take due care.
Notably, the state uses a pure comparative negligence system. Liability can be shared among multiple parties. It will be divided based on their degree of fault. Even if you are partially responsible, you can still recover damages proportionate to the other party’s level of fault. A proactive investigation of every serious accident is a must.
An Overview of Compensation You Can Recovery After an Accident in Sherman Oaks
How much compensation can you recover through a personal injury claim in Sherman Oaks? In California, injured victims have the right to pursue compensation for both economic losses and non-economic damages. The scope of their recovery in any given case will depend on a number of different factors—including liability and damages. Beware: Insurance companies try to resolve claims for less. Our Sherman Oaks, CA personal injury lawyers fight hard to help our clients obtain the maximum settlement or verdict. Financial compensation may be available for:
- Property damage;
- Ambulance costs;
- Emergency room care;
- Hospital bills;
- Medical expenses;
- Lost wages;
- Loss of future earning power;
- Pain and suffering;
- Long-term disability;
- Physical disfigurement;
- Loss of life enjoyment; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
Personal Injury Claims in Sherman Oaks: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How Long Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Sherman Oaks?
In California, the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit is typically two years from the date of the injury. Do not wait to get started: Consult with a top-tier Sherman Oaks personal injury lawyer right away after a serious accident.
What is the Value of My Personal Injury Claim?
The value of your personal injury claim depends on various factors, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and the extent of your injuries. A Sherman Oaks, CA personal injury lawyer can help you determine how much your case is truly worth.
Should I Accept a Settlement or Take the Case to Trial?
It depends. Most personal injury claims in California are eventually settled. Settlements can offer quicker resolution and guaranteed compensation. At the same time, there is always the chance that a trial will be needed to get justice in any given case.
Why You Can Trust the Sherman Oaks Personal Injury Lawyers at Oaks Law Firm
Hurt in a serious accident in Sherman Oaks? You probably have a ton of questions about what comes next. Unfortunately, you cannot rely on an insurance company for guidance. At Oaks Law Firm, we are standing by, ready to work proactively to protect your rights and your interests. Along with other things, our Sherman Oaks personal injury lawyers are prepared to:
- Listen to what you have to say and answer your legal questions;
- Investigate your accident—securing the evidence needed to prove fault;
- Represent you in any settlement discussions with the insurance company; and
- Take aggressive action focused on ensuring that you get the maximum compensation.
We are dedicated to providing injured victims with personalized legal representation. With many testimonials from former clients and a proven record of case results, our Sherman Oaks, CA personal injury lawyers are always ready to invest the time, the resources, and the attention to the small details to ensure that your case is handled the right way.
Our Firm Represents Injured Victims in Sherman Oaks On Contingency Fee
After a bad injury in Southern California, the last thing you need to worry about is another bill to pay. How much does it cost to hire a top-tier Sherman Oaks personal injury lawyer? With the Oaks Law Firm, there are no upfront costs or hourly bills. Instead, we take on the full range of accident claims on a contingency fee. Our law firm only gets paid when you get paid. Better yet, our Sherman Oaks personal injury lawyer provides free, no-obligation, and confidential initial consultations.
Contact Our Sherman Oaks, CA Personal Injury Attorney Today
At Oaks Law Firm, our Sherman Oaks personal injury lawyers are devoted to protecting the rights of our clients. Injured victims deserve the maximum compensation. If you or your loved one was hurt in an accident, please Contact us today to set up your free, confidential case review. We fight for the rights of injured victims in Sherman Oaks, Los Angeles County, and across San Fernando Valley.
CALL TODAY! (877) 539-5366
Recovering the Damages You Deserve
If someone else is to blame for your injuries, you have the right to seek compensation for the full amount of damages you've suffered. These damages can include medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, as well as pain and suffering. You must bring forth your claim within one year of the accident date. Not filing your case within one year will bar you from recovery.