No matter where you live, accidents will happen. When an accident happens in Laguna Hills, Yorba Linda, or Irvine, contact an Orange County lawyer for your personal injury claim. Just imagine the following scenarios:
- As you’re innocently crossing the street, a car runs through a red light and hits you.
- While out for a walk, you pass by a grocery store and slip on a slick surface near the entrance, causing you to lose your footing and fall.
- You climb a staircase and notice that it looks like it hasn’t been properly repaired or maintained in years. Then, the railing snaps, or your footfalls through the stairs, and you suffer a painful fall.
- While you’re out shopping, you don’t notice a floorboard jutting out from the floor. The store owner should have taken care of this problem, but it remains there as a hazard to customers. Sure enough, you trip over it and crash down hard to the ground.
- You park your car at a shopping mall, movie theater, or another area in Orange County. Instead of having an enjoyable time, though, your day is ruined when a driver hits you as you’re walking across the lot. The area wasn’t properly lit, and the driver couldn’t see you.
When It Happens…
As unlikely as these scenarios may seem, they are all common causes of personal injuries in the Orange County area. Car accidents, slips, falls and medical mishaps are only a few examples of personal injuries that occur each year. Often, these accidents can lead to serious injuries that may leave you with high medical bills and prevent you from being able to work. If you have the misfortune to suffer a mishap like any of the ones mentioned above, you may be entitled to compensation for your pain and inconvenience.
An experienced Orange County attorney at the Oaks Law Firm can help you find out just what you’re entitled to. An attorney can also help bring your case to trial. Our practice has offices all over California, including Carlsbad and Riverside. One of our experienced Orange County attorneys can help you file a claim if you were injured in Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, or another town within Orange County.
California Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Cases
You should be aware that California state law has a time limit you must meet to file a personal injury claim. According to Sections 335.1 and 340 of the California Code of Civil Procedure, victims of personal injuries must file a lawsuit within two years of the date the injury occurred.
The law does allow for an exception to this rule for harms that manifested sometime after your accident. You will have to provide medical records to prove that the harm was discovered much later after the accident. In such cases, you will have up to two years from the time the injury was discovered to file your claim.
Injured? Contact the Oaks Law Firm Now
Because of California’s statute of limitations on personal injury cases, the sooner you act, the better. Our dedicated personal injury attorneys can ascertain what your case is worth and will take your case to trial with professionalism.
We know how a sudden and unexpected injury can affect your peace of mind. You might even feel doubtful about your future. An attorney at the Oaks Law Firm will file your personal injury claim to try and get you the justice you deserve.
If you’ve been injured, contact the Oaks Law Firm to set up a consultation with an attorney.