School Accident Attorneys
At Oaks Law Firm, our Los Angeles school accidents attorneys are compassionate, justice-driven advocates for families. Public and private schools have a legal duty to keep kids safe—they must be held to account when they fail to do so. If your child was injured while at school, we are here to help your family get justice, accountability, and financial support. Contact our Sherman Oaks law office today to set up a free, no obligation initial consultation with a California school accident lawyer.
An Overview of School Injuries in California
Public schools and private schools in California owe certain obligations to parents and students. When an accident occurs on school property or during school hours, it is crucial that immediate action is taken to protect the health, safety, and overall well-being of the child. Some of the leading causes of school accidents in Los Angeles include:
- Unsafe condition on the school premises;
- Playground or PE injuries;
- School failure to adequately supervise children; and
- Lack of sufficient background checks on school staff.
What to Do If Your Child is Injured at School in Southern California
Was your child hurt at school in Los Angeles? If so, there are things that you can do to protect them and the rights of your family. Here are four steps to take if your child is hurt while at school in Southern California:
- Medical Attention: School injuries always require professional medical attention. Make sure that your child gets the care that they need. The school nurse may not be enough.
- Report the Matter: Make sure that the school’s administration is aware that your child was injured. You may want to file a written notification of injury with the school.
- Document: To the best that you are able to do so, try to document what happened. Get your child’s story, take notes, and preserve any other relevant information.
- Get Help: School injuries claims are notoriously complex. Consult with an experienced Los Angeles school accident lawyer as soon as possible.
How the School Injury Lawyers at Oaks Law Firm Can Help
School accident and injury claims are notoriously complex. At Oaks Law Firm, we help parents and caregivers navigate the legal process. Our focus is always on doing what is best for your child and your family. Among other things, our Los Angeles school accident attorneys are prepared to:
- Conduct a comprehensive evaluation of your child’s school injury claim;
- Answer any questions that you have and explain your options under state/local law; and
- Take whatever legal action is needed to help your family get justice and financial support.
Contact Our Los Angeles, CA School Accident Injury Lawyers Today
At Oaks Law Firm, our Los Angeles school injury attorneys are compassionate, justice-driven advocates of children and families. If your kid was hurt at school, we can help you navigate the claims process. Give us a call now or connect with us directly online for a free, fully confidential consultation. We handle school injury claims in Los Angeles County and throughout California.
CALL TODAY! (877) 539-5366
Recovering the Damages You Deserve
If someone else is to blame for your injuries, you have the right to seek compensation for the full amount of damages you've suffered. These damages can include medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, as well as pain and suffering. You must bring forth your claim within one year of the accident date. Not filing your case within one year will bar you from recovery.