At Oaks Law Firm, our Los Angeles medical malpractice lawyers have the skills, experience, and legal expertise that patients can rely on. If you or your loved one suffered serious harm due to the professional negligence of a physician, hospital, or other medical provider, we are here to help. To set up a free, no obligation initial consultation with a top-rated California medical malpractice attorney, please contact our Sherman Oaks law office today.
An Overview of Medical Malpractices Claims in California
Medical malpractice is a legal cause of action that arises when a patient is harmed due to substandard care. Unfortunately, medical malpractice remains a serious public safety problem in the United States. Some studies put medical errors as the third leading cause of death nationwide. That being said, a poor patient outcome is not necessarily medical malpractice. To bring a successful medical malpractice claim in California, a claimant must prove each of the following four things:
- A legally recognized doctor-patient relationship existed;
- The patient received negligent (substandard) care from the provider;
- Actual damages were suffered by the patient; and
- The negligent (substandard care) was the cause of patient harm.
Medical malpractice can take a wide range of different forms. Some common examples include delayed diagnosis, doctor misdiagnosis, surgical mistakes, prescription drug errors, and hospital-based infections. As these are among the most complex and specialized types of legal cases, expert witness testimony is often a key part of a medical malpractice claim.
Recovering Compensation for Medical Negligence
In California, victims of medical negligence have the right to pursue financial compensation for the full extent of their damages, including for both economic and non-economic damages. Sadly, medical malpractice insurers fight aggressively to resolve these cases for less. We can help. Our Los Angeles medical malpractice attorneys go above and beyond to help patients and families maximize their financial recovery, including for:
- Emergency room treatment;
- Hospital bills and other medical expenses;
- Physical therapy and mental health counseling;
- Lost income and loss of earning potential;
- Pain and suffering & emotional anguish;
- Scarring, disfigurement, disability, or impairment; and
- Wrongful death of a close family member.
Patients Rely on the Los Angeles Medical Malpractice Lawyers at Oaks Law Firm
Medical malpractice law is notoriously complex. At Oaks Law Firm, we have what it takes to hold negligent medical professionals, negligent health care providers, and their insurance companies accountable. Among other things, our Los Angeles medical malpractice lawyers are prepared to:
- Conduct a thorough review of your medical negligence claim;
- Investigate the matter—gathering your medical records;
- Consult with the best available expert witnesses; and
- Take immediate legal action to help you get the best results.
Call Our Los Angeles Medical Malpractice Attorneys Today
At Oaks Law Firm, our Los Angeles medical malpractice lawyers provide pragmatic, proactive legal representation to patients and their families. If you or your loved one suffered harm due to medical negligence by a doctor, hospital, or other health provider, we are here to help. Contact us today to arrange your free, strictly confidential initial consultation.