There are many modes of transportation in Los Angeles, and one of the common methods used is the metro transit system, which includes buses. Bus transportation is convenient for many Los Angeles residents, but it does come with a risk. Unfortunately, there are numerous ways that a bus accident can yield critical injuries for passengers, which has left numerous individuals injured or even killed. Oaks Law Firm is here to help you file a claim in regards to your bus accident case.
Why You Need a Lawyer for a Bus Accident Case
When you are a passenger in a bus, you are susceptible to injuries that are the result of negligent operation by the bus driver or other responsible party. When this happens, you have a right to file a claim against the owners of the bus company to compensate you for the pain and suffering you endured as a result of your bus accident. At our firm, we represent victims of bus accidents in their injuries and we can help you obtain a fair settlement from the insurance company. It is important to find a law firm in Los Angeles that will take the time to walk you through the entire process of your claim for bus injuries, and Oaks Law Firm will be glad to be that law firm for you.
Since a bus is such a large piece of machinery, attention to detail is critical. A driver who is tired or distracted may only remove his or her attention from the road for a few seconds, but that is all it takes for a devastating bus accident to happen. Accidents can also happen as a result of hazardous conditions on the road where potholes, failure to clean up after an environmental disaster, or other issues can make it dangerous for bus drivers to proceed cautiously. Here at Oaks Law Firm we look at all the factors surrounding your bus accident to find the best possible way of moving forward with your claim.
Types of Bus Accidents
Bus accidents come in many shapes and forms, but they are all usually caused by one thing: negligence. Whether the bus driver or third party is inexperienced, distracted, in a hurry, or just plain careless, they have been negligent in causing your injuries. Bus accidents can happen in any of the following ways:
- Crashes: When you are a passenger in a bus, and the bus strikes another vehicle or object, you can be thrown around and seriously injured.
- Lurching: If the bus driver is operating the vehicle in a manner that causes you to be thrown from your seat, you can suffer injuries as a result of striking the interior of the bus.
- Struck by a bus: either as a pedestrian or as another driver, serious injuries can occur when a bus hits you.
- Slip and fall: if there is dangerous condition on the interior of the bus, such as a slippery floor or a trip hazard, passengers can be injured in a slip and fall accident.
- Entering or Exiting: if the bus driver is negligent while letting passengers on and off, a victim can suffer injury if the bus is still moving when they are boarding or leaving the bus.
- Product Liability: Sometimes, negligence in the design or the maintenance of the bus can cause an accident due to a mechanical failure. Tires, brakes, and other crucial mechanical parts need to be working properly in order to keep the passengers safe.
- Negligent Hiring / Training: A bus company can also be liable if they failed to hire competent employees or they failed to train bus drivers.
Bus accidents can cause serious injuries, including head and neck injuries, whiplash, soft tissue injuries to the arms or legs, broken bones, bruising and contusion. If you were injured as a passenger on a bus, do not hesitate. Call our Oaks Law Firm office today to learn about our services.
If you have grounds for a personal injury claim, you need to reach out as soon as possible. Statutes of limitations place restrictions on how long after an accident you can file a claim, which is why it is always in your best interest to reach out to legal counsel sooner rather than later. If you have been hurt, contact our experienced Los Angeles bus accident lawyers today to discuss your case.
Why You Need Experienced Los Angeles Bus Accident Lawyers
The bus company has a team of lawyers in place. So, should you. Our team of experienced Los Angeles bus accident attorneys have been helping innocent victims obtain compensation for their injuries for years.
If you were hurt in a bus accident, you have a limited time frame to file your claim, especially if you were injured by a municipal bus, in which case there is a six-month statute of limitations. We work hard every day to try to make LA safer for drivers, pedestrians, and passengers by holding negligent operators responsible for their actions.
KEEP IN MIND: Deadline for governmental entity is 6 months to file a claim from date of incident