The California Highway Patrol (CHP) is always reporting crashes and fatalities in and around Bakersfield, CA. Hundreds of car accidents occur every day in Bakersfield. While many of these are minor car crashes, others result in catastrophic injuries that impact accident victims for many years to come. Car accident injuries can leave victims in great physical and emotional pain, but they also impose a financial burden. Accident victims struggle to pay for their medical bills, usually at a time when they are unable to return to work.
If you have been injured in a crash, you may be able to claim compensation that can help you pay for your medical costs and other expenses. A Bakersfield car accident attorney can advise on your case, and the damages you are entitled to.
Types of Car Accidents In Bakersfield
Most car accidents involve one vehicle striking another, but a crash can happen in a number of ways. The most common types of multi-vehicle car accidents in Bakersfield are as follows:
- Rollover accidents: A rollover accident is extremely dangerous both to the occupants inside the vehicle, and anyone around it.
- Rear-end accidents: Rear-end accidents are often considered minor fender benders, but that is not always the case. These accidents are usually caused by one driver following another too closely, but the driver that was hit from behind can also sometimes be found liable.
- T-bone accidents: Also known as sideswipe or broadside accidents, these crashes occur when the front of one vehicle slams into the side of another. Most of these accidents occur at intersections, and they almost always result in extremely serious injuries for the occupants of the vehicle hit.
- Head-on collisions: Head-on collisions are fairly rare, making up only approximately two percent of all traffic accidents. Still, these are some of the most severe types of accidents and often result in wrongful death.
- Multi-vehicle pileups: Even rarer than head-on collisions, multi-vehicle pile ups often occur on the highways, and the aftermath is extremely confusing. Determining liability is particularly complex after a pileup involving multiple vehicles.
Regardless of the type of car accident you were in, the insurance company of the negligent party will likely try to deny your claim OR make a very insulting and nominal settlement offer to you. Guaranteed, any offer to you, without an attorney will not cover your damages. A Bakersfield car accident attorney can advise on the facts of your case, and the damages you can claim.
Common Causes Of Car Accidents In Bakersfield
Car accidents are usually the cause of one driver’s negligence, which can take many forms. The most common acts of negligence that cause car accidents in Bakersfield are as follows:
- Speeding: Speeding is so common, many drivers do not consider it all that careless. However, speeding decreases a driver’s reaction time, and increases the amount of time it takes for them to stop their vehicle. Speeding also increases the force of impact, resulting in more serious injuries.
- Aggressive driving: Drivers often become impatient when behind the wheel, and that can result in aggressive driving. A motorist may follow another too closely, weave in and out lanes, or cut off other vehicles when driving aggressively.
- Impaired driving: Despite the many campaigns run over the past several years highlighting the dangers of drunk driving, too many motorists still get behind the wheel after having too much to drink. Driving under the influence of drugs is just as dangerous as drunk driving, and causes just as many accidents.
- Distracted driving: Texting and driving is the form of distracted driving most people first think of, but there are other distractions drivers face, too. Distracted driving is defined as any act that takes a driver’s eyes off the road, their hands off the wheel, or their attention away from driving safely. Eating, drinking, listening to loud music, and rowdy passengers are just a few distractions that can cause a crash.
- Fatigued driving: Fatigued driving, also sometimes called drowsy driving, has been said to be just as dangerous as drunk driving. When a driver is tired, their reaction times are slowed and they exercise poor judgment. In the worst case scenarios, a tired driver may fall asleep behind the wheel, causing a catastrophic accident.
Determining what or who caused a crash is not always easy. For example, it may seem impossible to prove a driver was tired. However, a Bakersfield car accident attorney will know what evidence to collect to prove your case.
Our Car Accident Attorney In Bakersfield Can Prove Your Case
You may be eligible for compensation after a car accident, but claiming it is not always easy. At Oaks Law Firm, our Bakersfield car accident attorney can determine what caused your crash so you know which party to hold liable for paying the full damages you deserve. Call us today at 877-539-5366 or fill out our online form to schedule a free case consultation with one of our seasoned attorneys.