Oaks Law Firm specializes in handling personal injury cases throughout California.
As a personal injury attorney, Matthew Nezhad has dedicated his entire legal career to protecting the rights of injured victims and helping them get the maximum compensation possible for their injuries. That is why, in 2002, he founded the Oaks Law Firm. He is committed to fighting for the rights of injured victims and holding the wrongdoer(s) accountable for their negligent actions. He does this by aggressively pursuing his Clients’ best interests and to obtain the best possible result for each case. Matthew established his law firm with these objectives in mind and has built a legal team of lawyers and staff who have the experience, dedication, and resources to get the job done right.
Matthew Nezhad is a life member of the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum – The Top Trial Lawyers in America, for having successfully obtained million and multi-million dollar results for his clients. This prestigious recognition is bestowed on only the top 1% of lawyers in the nation. He has also been selected as a “Super Lawyer” by his peers. A very select group of attorneys have this honor. A “Super Lawyer” is identified for having attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement and are selected for inclusion to this esteemed group. In 2014, his firm was also nominated for the prestigious Litigator Awards and were ultimately recipients of the 2014 Litigator Awards for Catastrophic Injuries and Personal Injury. In 2015, Matthew Nezhad and the Oaks Law Firm, yet again, were recipients of the Litigator Award. A back to back recognition and a very distinct achievement. The Litigator Awards represent the highest honors in Trial Law, and justly stands as the nation’s most coveted symbol of “Litigation Achievement”. The Awards are based on actual “Verdict & Settlement” dollar achievement. Mr. Nezhad’s firm is now part of an exclusive fraternity of Super-Star Lawyers who have won Million, Multi-Million dollar cases- a feat achieved by fewer than 1% of all lawyers. Of the nearly 1.1 million lawyers considered, only a select few (about 12 Law Firms) per State, achieve distinction of being awarded each year.
In 2016, Matthew Nezhad and the Oaks Law Firm were invited to join another prestigious and distinct group of lawyers-“The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Lawyers”. The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 is an invitation-only organization composed of the premier trial lawyers from each state or region who meet stringent qualifications as civil plaintiff trial lawyers. Membership is extended only to the select few of the most qualified attorneys from each state or region who demonstrate superior qualifications of leadership, reputation, influence, stature and public profile measured by objective and uniformly applied standards in compliance with state bar rule. Each of the distinguished Top 100 members possesses the knowledge, skill, experience and success held by only the best and finest lawyers in America.
The Oaks Law Firm continues to aggressively pursue its’ clients’ best interests not only against insurance companies but also against large corporations and major pharmaceutical companies for their defective and dangerous products. The firm also handles Mass Torts and has represented hundreds of clients against the makers of the diet drug, Fen-Phen, and continues to represent those who have been victims of life altering prescription drugs. Currently, the firm is handling hundreds of claims and cases for residents of Porter Ranch and surrounding areas affected by the Aliso Canyon gas leak catastrophe.
Matt loves being a Personal Injury Lawyer for its challenges and because he is a natural problem solver. He is also a firm believer that in all injury cases the devil is in the detail. The ability to focus on the smallest detail, while never losing sight of the big picture, is crucial. The firm has successfully managed to balance its detailed knowledge of personal injury law and the injuries their clients sustain with the strategic planning that helps them realize and achieve their clients’ goals. A distinguishing characteristic of the Oaks Law Firm is that the firm accepts a limited number of cases annually. Due to its success, the firm has been fortunate to receive referrals of cases over the years from past clients, other attorneys and law firms and has also been mentioned in the media for noteworthy and publicized cases.
Matt is a firm believer in giving back and helping, in whatever capacity possible, the less fortunate. Aside from helping within his community, he is involved and supports the Corazon de Vida orphanages and The Wounded Warrior Project, to name a few of the organizations he continues to support.
Shahram Shayesteh is a trial lawyer and litigator. Prior to forming NS, he practiced for 11 years at the famous law firm of Girardi & Keese (which is known for the Erin Brockovich and Vioxx high profile cases). He has tried numerous cases to verdict and has presented numerous appeals before the California Supreme Court, California Court of Appeal, and Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, J.D., 2000
- Loyola Law Review, Articles Editor, 1999-2000
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., 1995
- State Bar of California (2000)
- United States District Court, Central District (2000)
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals (2001)
- Iranian- American Lawers Association, Board of Directors, 2005-2006
- American Association for Justice
- Public Justice Foundation
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorneys of California
His past representations include:
- Obtained $8,000,000 settlement on behalf of over 100 investors in real estate dispute against a major international bank and casino.
- Obtained confidential multi-million dollar settlement for Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino against contractor for negligence in rendering professional services.
- Obtained $5,000,000 settlement on behalf of customers of Best Buy who were sold a useless service warranty with their products.
- Obtained $4,000,000 settlement on behalf of children who were sexually abused by their preschool teacher.
- Obtained $3,100,000 settlement for individual against the City of West Hollywood for a young man who was brain damaged while crossing the street.
- Obtained $1,850,000 settlement for family of young man who died when his seatbelt failed to lock during a rollover accident.
- Obtained $1,000,000 settlement for individual against restaurant where he suffered food poisoning which resulted in Guillain Barre Syndrome.
- Obtained a $1,000,000 jury verdict against CB Richard Ellis in wrongful termination and gender discrimination lawsuit.
- Obtained confidential upper six-figure settlement for seven year old child who was molested at child care facility by his pre-school teacher.
- Obtained $650,000 settlement for 7 year old girl who lost her eye when a defective airbag struck her face.
- Successfully defended commercial real estate developer against fraud action brought by seller of commercial real estate project.
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Products Liability
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Business Litigation
Honors and Awards
- Named a “Southern California Super Lawyers Rising Star” by Los Angeles Magazine, for ten straight years, 2005 – 2014
- Named to Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Awarded Excellent Rating by AVVO
- High-Speed Chase on the Information Superhighway: The Evolution of Criminal Liability for Internet Piracy, Loyola Law Review, 33 Loy. L.A. L. Rev. 183 , 1999
- Design Immunity Defense Under Government Code 830.6: Obstacles to Avoid in Pleading and Presenting Your Case, FORUM Magazine, July, 2003
- Williamson v. Mazda Motor of America, U.S. Supreme Court Case No. 08-1314 (February 23, 2011)
- HLC Properties, Ltd. v. Superior Court, 35 Cal.4th 54. (2005)
- Winfred D. v. Michelin North America, Inc., 165 Cal.App.4th 1011 (2008)
- Maughan v. Google Technology, Inc., 143 Cal.App.4th 1242 (2007)
Carter v. CB Richard Ellis, Inc., 122 Cal.App.4th 1313 (2005)